After saying goodbye to Claudia, I settled into my kitchen and browsed through the Amish Cookie Book I picked up earlier in the day. These Molasses cookies were chosen for their ease and classic holiday flavor. I used Bob's GF Baking mix for these and they came out great! Make sure they're cooked through though. The first small batch I baked came out a bit doughy:( Also, feel free to throw in a little ginger and/or walnuts to spice it up. That's what I'm going to do the next time with these;)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (make sure it's GF)
- 1/4 pound light brown sugar
- 2 cups dark molasses
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups gluten free baking flour
- 1/2 tblsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the vegetable shortening and brown sugar.
- Mix in the molasses and buttermilk
- Stir in the flour and baking soda until fully incorporated
- Using a 1-inch ice-cream scooper (or a spoon), drop dollops onto greased or non-stick cookie sheet about an inch or so apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling racks and get your cup of milk ready!