Kays Naturals. I had a great time testing their products out, and discovered a few favorites (I'll be posting a product review on Kays soon). If you've been reading this blog, then you know how often I use Bob's Red Mill products. It's no secret that I love their products. Once they realized what a big fan I am, they began sending me goodies to try and experiment with.
One day I received a bag of Hulled Hemp Seeds. At first, I had no idea how I was going to use them, but after doing a couple of Google searches, I had a few ideas. This following recipe is my first experiment using Hemp Seeds in a recipe. Hemp seeds are actually really good for you. As stated on the Bob's Red Mill website, "Hulled hemp seed is high in Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids, and an excellent source of protein containing all of the essential amino acids." Of course, being the sweet-tooth that I am, I had to begin my hemp seed experimentation by whipping up some cookies. However, in the future I plan to incorporate them in breads, muffins, and possibly as a crunchy breading for fish or chicken.
These cookies were super-yummy! They were a bit crumbly, but melt-in-your mouth delicious. Enjoy!
Next post: Chongqing Flashback Part 1
Prep Time: 5-ish minutes
Baking Time: 10-15 minutes depending on your oven
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup GF Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Baking Mix)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup Shelled Hemp Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside (I used cooking spray)
- Mix together the brown sugar, large egg and butter in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the GF flour, cinnamon, and shelled hemp seeds.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Spoon mixture onto cookies sheets. Leave about 3 inches between each drop since they spread out!
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are crispy. Cooking time depends on the oven being used, so keep an eye on them. You don't want to burn these sweet treats!
- Grab a mug of soy, rice or cow milk and chow down:)