These cookies were sooooo goood! A few minutes out of the oven, when you take a big bite, and the chocolate kiss on top melts in your mouth and warms your throat... it's a little bit of heaven... Valhalla.... or wherever you hope to go when you die, wherever that it, you are there. if only for a few seconds. a few perfect seconds. Yum!
It's simple, just basic GF Peanut Butter Cookies with chocolate kisses buried in the top.
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 cups peanut butter (natural/no sugar added)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- a bag of chocolate kisses
- Preheat your oven to 325 deg. F.
- Unwrap around 36 chocolate kisses from their foil. You may need more, you may need less.
- Coat your cookie sheets with cooking spray (check the ingredients), or line the baking sheets with foil.
- Whisk up the eggs in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix up the sugar, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- Add the peanut butter to the eggs and incorporate. Then add the sugar/baking soda/xanthan gum and mix thoroughly.
- Using a spoon or 1 inch ice-cream scooper, drop dough onto cookies sheets roughly 3 inches apart. Take a flat bottomed glass and smush down the cookies. *I used a glass measuring cup and hammered them all down.
- Using a fork, make some hatch marks on the top of each cookie.
- Bake each batch for 14 minutes, remove from oven and press one chocolate kiss into the top of each cookie. Return to the oven for two more minutes. Remove and let cool for five minutes. Afterward, transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack.